Over the years, right from my drooling age of 1 yr to i-love-u-mom-dad 10 yr old girl to u-have-no-right-to-tell-me-anything-i-am-a-13-yr-old-woman to oh-god-i-have-been-dumb 22yr old, i have heard various proverbs/ similes/ thoughts from my mom be it when she is livid/ happy/ teasing me. I have realized when to shut up and when to argue with her. For example: when she is being utterly patient on the phone when I waste her time, I know I should hurry up in keeping down the phone 'cuz she is losing patience with me.
So here it goes:
- Dont eat that! Its poison! : Usually said when I haven't been to the gym or moved AT ALL.
- Dont think u will get food if u dont go to the gym: I thought she was kidding till she actually practiced what she preached.
- I dont think I will ever live to c u lose some wt.: When i have eaten a morsel extra.
- I have been desperate since 9th std to see good grades: Which is so not true 'cuz I received pretty decent marks till 10th.
- My whole family shouldn't eat: Great kidder, my mom!
- Can i ever c u vertical?: When I have been sleeping the whole day 'cuz apart from looking out of the window there is nothing much to do in the house.
- I ate double today: Usually said out of happiness when I dont end up eating.
- Dont worry, every1 goes through it: Usually said when I whine about the amount of work we have.
- A Muslim priest has a journey only till the Mosque: Usually said in hindi and usually spoken when asked where did she and dad go in the evening. Basically she went to a very nearby and a boring place.
- A donkey will never do what his master says, but it will end up doing the same thing when not told: Basically I'm always, invariably compared to the said donkey. I never do anything what everyone keeps on nagging me about but end up doing the exact same thing when I'm bored. Usually said in Punjabi when my mom has lost patience with me.
- I know I am the worst person on this planet and dont understand u at all and I have no heart: Usually when fights get a LEETLE serious and she gets dramatic when I have said something like "no one understands me".
- Listen to your mom.